After years as a trainer, Mike O’Donnell compiles and shares an extensive list of health and fitness tips.
As Jason said, there’s “a lot of good (and questionable) stuff in this list”. Here are my favourites:
- Diet is 85% of where results come from… for muscle and fat loss. Many don’t focus here enough.
- If you eat whole foods that have been around for 1000s of years, you probably don’t have to worry about counting calories.
- The eat low-fat advice was the biggest health disaster in the last 30 years.
- The smartest trainer I know does not have a website or best selling ebook… as he is too busy training real clients. (Related.)
- If you want to get better at running… you run… at biking… you bike… at a sport… you play that sport.
- There is no one right way for anything… as 20 different ways can get you results.
- Results are just the simple yet important things done on a consistent basis.
- All diets fail over the long run….but lifestyle changes last.
- The best thing anyone can do for their health/results is to just try new things… see how their body adapts and responds… and learn how to take total control no matter life may throw at them in the future.